Faculty and Staff Resources
The College's central administrative offices help faculty and staff in College departments navigate, implement, and administer academic business procedures and best practices. Find what you need right here.
Administrative Offices and Units
CLAS Shared Services Center
The CLAS Shared Services Center provides College employees with the tools and information they need to make effective decisions on human, physical, fiscal, and research resources. Their offices include:
The Business Center oversees the administrative and non-research fiscal activity of the College.
Grants Management is the College's one-stop shop for all grant activity, from the grant application process to the grant closeout and everything in between.
The CLAS Facility Services team works to provide the clean and functional spaces needed to support the research and learning operations in many College buildings.
The CLAS Advancement Team is made up of College and Foundation employees working together to inform stakeholders of College successes; engage alumni and friends in the College community; and foster support of the College’s faculty, students, and initiatives. These offices include:
Office of Communications
The mission of the CLAS Office of Communications is to build the reputation and community of the College by telling the stories of College successes and the people behind them.
Housed in the CLAS Dean's Office, the communications team serves the administrators, faculty, students, and alumni of the College by:
- Telling the success stories of the College community
- Executing College-level communications and marketing initiatives, including executive communications support
- Designing and producing College promotional materials, such as flyers, websites, presentations, promotional materials, and videos
- Communicating strategically with external College constituents
- Consulting with CLAS departments and programs on their communications efforts, including e-communications, websites, social media, branding, donor relations, and stewardship
- Maintaining a dynamic CLAS website and social media presence
To learn more, please contact the Director of Communications.
Office of Alumni Relations
The CLAS Office of Alumni Relations works to strengthen the engagement of alumni with the College and the University. As a division of the UConn Foundation, the Office supports the Foundation’s mission to strengthen UConn, one relationship at a time. Its duties include:
- Fostering alumni participation and positive experiences with the College through lifelong learning events, such as its signature program, the CLAS College Experience
- Connecting alumni and students for mutual benefit in enhancing career prospects, through such initiatives as the CLAS career events and the Career Advisor Program
- Working with CLAS departments and faculty on best practices for reaching out to and engaging their alumni
To learn more, please contact the Director of Alumni Relations.
Office of Development
The CLAS Office of Development works to secure philanthropic gifts to enhance College priorities and initiatives. As a division of the UConn Foundation, the Development team works to:
- Secure private support at the major gift level that will help the College achieve its academic goals
- Build and steward relationships with potential and current donors, including alumni and friends of the College
- Work with College administration to identify and analyze areas of need in the College
- Work with College departments, faculty and staff to engage leadership-level donors in College initiatives
To learn more, please contact the Director of Development.
CLAS Academic Services Center
The CLAS Academic Services Center provides advising and other academic services to CLAS students, staff, and faculty.
Department Advising Directory
The CLAS Academic Services Center oversees a total of 25 full-time professional advisors and over 400 faculty advisors in the College's academic departments. These advisors provide guidance on courses and majors, finding hands-on learning opportunities, exploring career development resources, and more. See a list of advising contacts for each CLAS department.