Office of Communications
The CLAS Office of Communications builds the reputation and community of the College by telling the stories of College successes and the people behind them.
Our team works with CLAS employees, units, and senior leaders to produce effective communications across a variety of platforms. Our work is guided by the CLAS Strategic Plan, the UConn Brand Standards, and industry best practices.
How can we help?
Our team offers services, consultations, and training to help you reach your target audiences at UConn and beyond. Through these resources and our connections across campus, we can help you achieve your communications goals and get the most out of your time and resources.
The CLAS Office of Communications supports the College and its many departments and units, and can help unit leaders and staff strengthen each unit’s identity.
Brand and Logos
As ambassadors for the UConn brand, the CLAS communications team can help you strengthen your unit’s identity while taking advantage of UConn’s reputation as one of the nation’s top-ranked public universities.
- Provide you with UConn or College wordmarks.
- Create personalized wordmarks for your department, school, program, center, or institute.
- Consult on UConn brand guidelines related to topics like logo usage, social media, and websites.
Dean’s Office Communications
We are responsible for executive and internal communications for the College. Our work includes:
- CLAS messaging guides and fact sheets.
- Remarks and presentations for the College’s deans.
- Official memos to CLAS faculty and staff.
- Inside CLAS, the College’s internal newsletter.
Want to request the Dean of CLAS to attend and/or speak at your event? Fill out the Dean’s Event Request Form.
Design and Multimedia
- Help you plan and develop marketing materials for your unit.
- Coordinate institutional photography that aligns with CLAS goals.
- Consult with you on best practices for video and multimedia.
- Refer you to resources, such as University Design Services, UConn’s free graphic design service for University faculty and staff.
We tell the stories of College successes and the people behind them. We manage the College’s editorial strategy and UConn Today page, prioritizing stories that align with the College’s strategic plan.
Have great news to share? Our team can:
- Consult with you on how to publicize your news.
- Share your news via College communications, such as Inside CLAS and social media.
- Connect you with the University’s media relations experts to help you maximize your story’s external reach.
We manage the College’s social media channels. We also help CLAS employees implement best practices for accounts that represent official UConn entities, like departments, programs, and initiatives.
Contact us for help with:
- Evaluating new account requests.
- Developing content strategies and optimizing your accounts.
- Managing emergency communications and reporting harassment.
- Compliance with UConn social media guidelines.
Interested in creating a new account for your unit or a professional account for yourself? Please contact our office to discuss.
Web and Accessibility
We oversee central websites for the College and provide resources to help CLAS website editors to communicate effectively on the web.
Contact us for help with:
- Audience and content strategy.
- Content development, including text, photos, media, and documents.
- Using Aurora, UConn’s web content management system powered by WordPress.
- Accessibility for web content and documents.
- Search engine optimization.
- Google analytics.
- Compliance with UConn web guidelines.
Our team also manages full website development and redesign projects for areas of priority for the College. Please contact our office to learn more.
Start here to learn about the best ways to convey the UConn brand in a variety of settings.
Find step-by-step instructions for how to use Aurora, UConn’s web content management system powered by WordPress.
Download templates for use in official e-mails, print materials, PowerPoint, websites, and more.
Browse UConn’s written style guide for news stories, publications, digital content, and other communications.
Learn how to create accessible digital content in line with the University’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Accessibility Policy.
Access free graphic design assistance for UConn faculty and staff for official University business.