Who Should Apply: Full-time tenure system faculty from any/all CLAS units, across all divisions
Deadline: April 21, 2023
Funding: Up to $35,000 may be requested; resources must be spent before Sept. 1, 2023
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences anticipates making several awards to tenure-system faculty to support salary and fringe benefits and/or other research-related expenses for projects conducted during the summer of 2023.
Individuals should have a specific set of goals that will result in a clear outcome or set of outcomes by the end of the summer.
Please submit your application by April 21, 2023, through the CLAS proposal submission portal.
Faculty should submit a document of no more than three pages that includes:
- Title of the project.
- Names, department/unit affiliations, and campus affiliations for the primary investigator and, if relevant, co-investigators.
- Description of the project, including:
- What will be accomplished and the timeframe for the work.
- The benefit to the faculty member(s).
- A description of how the work will advance the goals of the CLAS Strategic Plan.
- A budget and rationale for the anticipated expenses (if the salary is requested, please include fringe benefits in the calculation).
- If you have funds available in one or more UConn accounts, please list the account number(s), approximate balance(s), and how/when these existing resources will be used. Priority for the new funds will be given to individuals without sufficient resources available for the project this summer.
- If you received support from any CLAS funding initiative in the past three years, please include a paragraph on the specified goals of the prior support and how they were met.
If you would like assistance in developing the budget based on your specific needs, please contact the CLAS Grant Management Services at email@example.com.
A report of the accomplishments and their impact of proposals funded through this initiative will be due September 1, 2023, and any unspent funds will be returned to CLAS at that time.
If you have any questions, please contact Ofer Harel, associate dean for research and graduate affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.