CLAS Advancement Team
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Advancement Team works together to promote support of the College’s programs and its mission to create and disseminate knowledge in the sciences, social sciences and humanities.
The team is made up of the Offices of Communications, Alumni Relations, and Development, which work collaboratively and independently on projects to inform stakeholders of College successes; engage alumni and friends in the College community; and foster support of the College’s faculty, students, and initiatives.
Office of Communications
The mission of the CLAS Office of Communications is to build the reputation and community of UConn’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences by telling stories about College achievements and the people behind them. We serve the administrators, faculty, students, and alumni of the College by:
- Telling the success stories of the College community in written, audio, web and visual formats
- Executing College-level communications initiatives, such as news stories, design, marketing, and social media strategy
- Designing and producing College promotional materials, such as flyers, newsletters, banners, presentations, talks, and videos
- Communicating regularly and strategically with external College constituents, including alumni and donors, through e-communications, donor recognition, stewardship, gift impact communications and events
- Consulting with CLAS departments and programs on their communications efforts, including e-communications, social media, branding, donor relations and stewardship
- Maintaining a dynamic CLAS website and social media presence
To learn more, please visit the CLAS Office of Communications Web page, view the dropdown menus above for more resources, or contact Christine Buckley, Director of Communications, at email@example.com.
Office of Alumni Relations
The Alumni Relations Office in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences works to strengthen engagement of CLAS alumni with the College and the University. As a division of the UConn Foundation, the CLAS Alumni Relations Office supports the Foundation’s mission to strengthen UConn, one relationship at a time. Its duties include:
- Fostering alumni participation and positive experiences with the College through lifelong learning events, such as its signature program, the CLAS College Experience
- Connecting alumni and students for mutual benefit in enhancing career prospects, through such initiatives as the CLAS career events and the Career Advisor Program
- Working with CLAS departments and faculty on best practices for reaching out to and engaging their alumni
To learn more, please contact Greg Bernard, Director of Alumni Relations for CLAS, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Development
The Development Office in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences works to secure philanthropic gifts to enhance College priorities and initiatives. As employees of the UConn Foundation, the Development team works to:
- Secure private support at the major gift level that will help the College achieve its academic goals
- Build and steward relationships with potential and current donors, including alumni and friends of the College
- Work with College administration to identify and analyze areas of need in the College
- Work with College departments, faculty and staff to engage leadership-level donors in College initiatives
To learn more, please contact Rachel Marshall, Director of Development for CLAS, at email@example.com.